Meditation Before An Icon
Icons can lead us into the inner room of prayer.
In busy times it can be just a glance at the icon or a ritual where one touches the icon gently either before a challenging task or at the end of the day.
- READY – sit comfortably and still the body. Focus on breathing.
- READ – Take time to look closely at the icon. What do you see? See “the more” Take time.
- READ AND REFLECT – What is the icon calling you to be? What is the message for you? What do you hear?
- READ AND RESPOND – Read the icon once more by glazing on it. Respond in prayer. Write/draw thoughts and prayers if you have a journal.
- READ AND REST – let the image of the icon rest in your heart. BE ……give time for this to happen!!!
- What do you see, what do you hear, what do you feel?